- To find a charging station, scroll through the list sorted by distance or find a station directly on the map.
2. Tap on a station to see more details about the charging point. Tap the “start charge” button to proceed.
3. After “start charge” is tapped a list of connectors will appear.
4. Choose a connector, and confirm the start of the charging session by tapping “start charge.”
5. You can access your recent and favorite chargers in the menu above.
- Helpful tips:
- If a station cannot be started by the Plugsurfing app, “RFID Only” is shown instead of “Start Charge.” You will have to use the charging key or card to begin the session.
- If you’re not logged in, or if you haven’t added a payment method, you will receive one of the following errors when you try to start a session. Please add login and/or add a payment method to continue with the charging session.
The “log in or sign up” screen will also appear if you are logged in to the app but have not given permission for the phone to be used when locked. If this happens, you will need to change the permissions in the Settings app by following these steps:
- Find CarPlay in Settings
- Choose the car from the list
- Toggle “Allow CarPlay while locked” to ON
- Disconnect and reconnect the phone to the car
- The map view cannot live update as your car moves - in order to reload the nearest stations, please push the “find my location” button
- Tapping a pin on the map doesn’t always highlight the correct station in the list - this appears to be a bug in the framework and will hopefully be resolved in a future release of iOS