Kia customers have the opportunity to choose between two different pricing models:
Pricing model 1 – “Pay as you go”
- No monthly fee or any other reliability is involved.
- Prices are identical as in the regular Plugsurfing app. Here, the charging point operators decide if they want to charge the EV driver for charging at their stations.
- Prices based on CPO prices (can be different prices per location). Following tariff models are available:
- Minute-based tariff: price is displayed per minute. Costs apply as long as the car is connected to the charging station even though the car is already fully charged. This is also regarded as a parking fee. Operators use this model to make sure that charging stations are not occupied for an unnecessary amount of time so that the next EV-driver can charge there.
- Consumption-based tariff: price is displayed per kWh. The customer is charged according to the amount of kW ́s that flow into the car.
- Starting fee: No matter how long or how much is charged, only the starting fee applies.
- Mixed tariff models: A charging station can show two different prices. Here both price components apply. Example: A customer charges at a charging station with the following prices for 30 minutes: Starting fee 0.39€, 0.132€/Min.
The following costs apply then in this case: (0.132 €/minute x 30 minutes) + 0.39 € = 4.35 €
Pricing model 2 – Monthly subscription
- The monthly subscription can be activated in the Kia Public Charging app and has a price of 9.99 EUR (incl. 19% VAT) per month. 19% VAT applies to the subscription for being a service provided by a German company. This subscription fee has to be paid monthly. The subscription does not have a validity period and can be cancelled on a monthly basis. In the subscription model the user receives a discounted fixed price per kWh:
- 0,24 €/kWh in AC charging points
- 0,53 €/kWh in DC charging points
- 21 % Dutch VAT applies to the kWh price for all the charging sessions.
- If no subscription is chosen, “pay as you go” prices apply (see above).
Our tips before charging:
- We recommend checking the prices on our app or our website before each charging process.
- Charging at fast chargers is much more expensive than charging at normal charging stations. Before connecting to a fast-charger, please check if the speed advantage is worthwhile compared to the higher cost of your electric car.