Any Nissan EV owner can use the service. The offer is differentiated according to the model year of the vehicle and whether the vehicle was bought new or used:
▪ Owners of model year 2019 Nissan Leaf and later (this are models with a VIN number which includes “ZE1” and ending with number superior to 59473) will get free access to the service for 3 years from the VIN number validation date by Plugsurfing. They will then need to pay a 1€/month License fee.
▪ Owners of previous generations Nissan Leaf (models prior to model year 2019 Nissan Leaf, either with a VIN number which includes “ZE0” or with a VIN number which includes “ZE1” and ends with number inferior to 59472) will have the possibility to benefit from a 1-year access to the service offered by Nissan, from the VIN number validation date by Plugsurfing. After this period, they will need to pay a 1€/month license fee.
▪ Owners of any Nissan e-NV200 (all model years) will get free access to the service until October 1st 2020. They will then need to pay a 1€/month License fee.
▪ The service Nissan Charge works also for used car owners under the same conditions, except if the services have been already activated and VIN registered. If the VIN of an old car has already been registered to access the service by the previous owner, the use of the Nissan Charge services will be subject to a subscription cost of 1€ per month.
▪ To stop paying the fee, you must remove all VINs from your account via the app or web portal. This means you will no longer be able to use the Nissan Charge app or Charging Key to charge your EV. The subscription fee will stop being applied to your account from the following month.